5.11.2007

Summer semester

I love Summer semester (I'm sure my sarcasm can be heard loud and clear). I only have school two days a week, but I start at 7:45 am and go straight until 1 pm. I don't think I would have a problem going to school that early, except for the fact I usually work until about 1 am and then don't get home and in bed until after 2 am. Waking up at 7:15 am doesn't work well with me most mornings. But I haven't done too bad so far (knock on wood).

Summer semester is crazy because you take 15 weeks of material and cram it into a 7 and 1/2 week block. The first block I'm taking 6 credits of business classes plus an upper division private lessons class for my music degree. My early morning class is Business Law, which is taught by a judge. The class is crazy. So much material. The teacher thinks it's too much for so little time. But you gotta do what you gotta do ;)

The funniest thing about Summer semester is how cold it is inside the school. UVSC is one big building (there are actually 8 main buildings all connected by hallways--really nice in the winters). Even though it's almost 90F outside, it can't be more than 65F inside the school. I may have to wear a jacket next Tuesday. This is totally opposite of the junior college I received my associate degree from. They just opened the windows, and the classrooms were never cooler than 85F. I think I slept through most of that Summer semester. Thanks mom for taking good notes. I don't think I could have passed that semester without you.

No comments: