3.14.2008

Semi-bachelor month begins!

So, here I am on an early Friday after noon sitting on my bed and typing on blogspot. The weather outside is beautiful--blue skies, birds chirping, and I'm sure it's warm--and here I am typing. Today is the last real day of Spring Break as well. Why am I not outside, you ask; to tell the truth, I don't know. I woke up an hour ago and have just laid here thinking and relaxing. I think that's the real way to spend Spring Break (or at least a little of it). The few days before today have been most eventful, however.


My Spring Break technically started as soon as band was over Tuesday afternoon. To help my wife--which was a good excuse to spend time with the wife and son, I met up with her at Walmart (just across the street from school) and helped her grab things. After that, we went to AAA so that Yoshiko could get her international driver's license. Right next door to that is a used game store that had several Love Sacs. While Yoshiko was getting her license, Ren and I had lots of fun playing "launch Ren on to the Love Sac" and "jump on papa who's laying on the Love Sac." Ren really likes to wrestle. I think he likes to fly through the air too. Come to think of it, Ren has always liked flying through the air. Every chance he gets, he's jumping off of something. Crazy kid; if he wasn't born in the year of the rooster, you'd think he was a monkey lol. Here is a couple pics I snapped of him at Walmart. He was spinning in the first pic--hence the blurriness, and isn't the second pic so true!!



Tuesday night, I left work a little early because I knew that Yoshiko would need some help finishing packing. I kind of wanted her to sleep a little before she and Ren left, but I also knew she never would. I got home and first thing I did was weigh a box and put it in the car. Then I took Ren for a ride in my car as I had promised him earlier that day (after Walmart and AAA, he wanted to ride with me in my car but I didn't have my car seat in there, so I promised I'd take him for a ride later). When we got back, I wrestled with Ren only taking breaks when Yoshiko would call me to weigh suitcases and boxes. When Yoshiko started looking almost done with packing, I bathed Ren and fell asleep with him while reading the most interesting book about monkeys.

Yoshiko woke me up about 4:30 a.m. and she and I spent a little time together before we had to get up and take off for the airport. That morning, the drive to SLC was insane! I couldn't believe how many cars are on the road at 6 a.m. Even with the traffic, we made it to the airport in good time. Funny thing about airport carts is that they actually roll. After loading all the luggage onto a cart, both Yoshiko and I were grabbing other things from the car and the next thing I know, there was a huge thump. I looked back to see the cart against the car and one of the boxes on the trunk with all of its contents spilled out everywhere. After cleaning that up, we both had to laugh at the now mangled radio antenna. I bent it back to place and went to find a parking spot. After loving kisses, strong hugs, and sad good-byes; I got to watch my wife and son disappear into the mess of metal detectors, x-ray machines, and people asking you to take off your shoes and belts. After I had got back to the car and was on my way back to Orem, Yoshiko sent me a picture of her and Ren after they had just got on the plane. Ren looks super tired.

I ended up getting home before 9 a.m. and was already bored. I decided to put on my grubbies and do the men's equivalent of shopping therapy--junk yard therapy. There were several parts I needed for my car, and since I now had spare time (being Spring Break and all), I went to two yards. At the first yard, I got a set of the door window outer seals and pulled a downpipe to use for my upcoming turbo project. I also looked for a certain set of headlights with no luck. The second yard I went to was in SLC. I still didn't find that certain set of headlights, but I did find a new steering wheel. Only $10, and I figure that since my airbag doesn't work anyway, might as well get a cool Isuzu wheel with no bag (with a bag, it would be about $65 or more).

After I got home, I changed the outer window seals and started taking apart my steering wheel to take it off. The bad thing is that it doesn't want to come off. I'll figure that one out later.

So, I put the steering wheel back together and left for work. And now, it's time to leave for work again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.